Air Forces consist of a combination of bombers, helicopters, fighter planes, transport planes, and other aircraft. Moreover, Air forces are majorly responsible for operations of the military space, ICBM Intercontinental ballistic missiles and communications.
Air Force of a country is one of three, the most important part of military and power representer of a country. Air Wing can mostly show the capabilities of a lion in the den but, sometimes you might be fooled by the rat coming out of lion’s den, you, albeit can’t predict a country’s power on the basis of just it’s one single Wing, You should consider all three including, the Para military, Navy and Air Wings.
Listened recently of india’s Rafale aircraft? – continue reading to get more knowledge.
1. United States Air Force (Source)
– Owns the largest number of warplanes in the world which almost equals to the rest of the world put together.
– Most technologically advanced air forces in the world.
– It was founded on 11 September 1947, with the motto No One Comes Close.
– As of 2012, the service operates more than 5,638 aircraft, 450 ICBMs and 63 satellites.
– It has a $140 billion budget with 332,854 active duty, 185,522 civilian, 71,400 Air Force Reserve, and 106,700 Air National Guard personnel.
– It has been involved in many wars, conflicts using military air operations.
– Members of USAF are very health conscious & adopt physical fitness assessment.
– The U.S. Air Force provides air support for surface force and aids in the recovery of troops.
2. Russian Air Force (Source)
– Founded after the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991-92 and soon became one of the strongest air forces in the world.
– Some practical combat experience had been gained in participating in the Spanish Civil War, and against Japan in the far-east.
– In the 1980s, it had deployed approximately 10,000 aircraft and at the beginning of 1990s, the Soviet Union had an air force that in terms of quantity and quality fulfilled superpower standards.
– It operates more than 3,000 strategic bombers, 4500 fighter planes like the MiG-29 Fulcrum, MiG-25 Foxbat.
– It has about 3400 attack aircraft like Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frogfoot and Su-17 Fitter.25 Foxbat.
– It has about 3400 attack aircraft like Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frogfoot and Su-17 Fitter.
3. Israeli Air Force (Source)
– The Israeli Air Force “Air and Space Arm”, commonly known as “Air Corps”.
– It was founded on 28 May 1948, shortly after Israel d its Independence.
– It consisted of 25 Avia S-199s which were purchased from Czechoslovakia and 62 Supermarine Spitfire.
– It has a very large fleet of modern aircrafts – many of which are specially designed to meet the requirements of IAF.
– Looking at the history, this air force had repeatedly exhibited its power to knock down its opponents.
– It had always remained alert and have been ready for any possible attacks.
4. Indian Air Force (Source)
– The fourth largest air force in the world with approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,500 aircrafts.
– It was officially established on 8 October 1932.
– Military Schools and Sainik Schools were founded to broaden the recruitment base of the Defence Forces.
– The President of India Pranab Mukherjee serves as the ex-officio Commander-in-Chief of the IAS.
– Best equipped air force across the world along with professional standards.
– It had been involved in several wars, one with neighboring Pakistan and one with the People’s Republic of China.
– During the Kargil War of 1999, It had provided close air support to the Indian Army with the use of helicopters .
When will Rafale Fighter Aircraft will be Available and How good is Rafale in Comparison to Others?
While Rafale is a 4.5 generation aircraft, China still claims their J-20 to be a 5th generation aircraft meaning their aircraft is having an engine with higher capabilities but,
Retired Air Marshal R Nambiar, who tested the Rafale fighter said, “Rafale is far superior then china’s aircraft, it has one of the most modern features a fighter aircraft has, it can be even refueled in air, without landing”.
“India took a significant step in strengthening air power and defence preparedness with the first five Rafale fighter aircraft, built by Dassault, flying out from Merignac airbase in Bordeaux, France to India today. This also marks a new milestone in the strong and growing India-France defense cooperation,” said the Indian Embassy in France in a press release.Indian Embassy
“The first Rafale fighter was handed over to the Indian Air Force (IAF) in October 2019 in a ceremony attended by the French Minister for Armed Forces Madame Florence Party and Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. Delivery of ten aircraft has been completed on schedule. Five will stay back in France for training mission. The delivery of all thirty six aircraft will be completed on schedule by the end of 2021,” added the Embassy statement.
Properties Of Rafale Aircraft
Rafale is a twin-jet combat aircraft manufactured by Dassault Aviation and is capable of carrying out a wide range of short and long-range missions. It can be used to perform ground and sea attacks, reconnaissance, high-accuracy strikes and nuclear strike deterrence.
Rafale can do air strikes from very long distances. On Septemeber 23, 2016, a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) was signed between then Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his French counterpart for the acquisition of 36 Rafale fighter aircraft
Shri Manohar Parrikar Sir, Our Old Shorty Time Defence Minister has started the treaty with france to get Rafale Air Crafts in India. So you should also say thanks to him. if he wouldn’t be there to sign that treaty then, today india wouldn’t have those rafale fighters.
The state-of-the-art 4.5 Generation Rafale jet can reach almost double the speed of sound, with a top speed of 1.8 Mach. With its multi-role capabilities, including electronic warfare, air defence, ground support and in-depth strikes, the Rafale lends air superiority to the Indian Air Force.The Indian Express
Rafale can take off from ground with double of its weight!
Max. Take Off Weight – 24.5 Tonnes
Wing Span – 10.9 Metres
Height –5.3 Metres
External Load – 9.5 Tonnes
Fuel (Internal) – 4.7 Tonnes
Fuel (External) – 6.7 Tonnes
Overall Empty Weight – 10 Tonnes
Length – 15.3 Metres
Top Speed – 1.8 Mach at Very High Altitude
Ferry Range –3700KM
Each aircraft has 14 storage stations for weapons. The jets come with one of the most advanced Meteor air-to-air missiles. The 190-kg missile has a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) of over 100 km, traveling at a top speed of Mach 4. The F16 jets, used by Pakistan, carry the AMRAAM missile, which has a BVR of 75 km. Rafale can also outperform F16 in dogfights. (source).
The Rafale jets also come with SCALP, the air-to-ground cruise missile with a range over 300 km. It is a long-range deep strike missile.
So how was the article please tell me your suggestions below, and if i have missed something then you can post a comment below regarding your suggestion.