Padlet is building software for a good education. A good education is one that inspires curiosity, creativity, and community. Our software enables that through visual content creation and collaboration in millions of classrooms worldwide.
We’re looking for an exceptional writer to join our team in San Francisco. You’d be our first writer and you’d have the opportunity to build a team of writers, should a leadership role be of interest to you.
- App and website copy (padlet.com).
- Working with our translators to translate our app.
- Blog posts (padlet.blog).
- Email and newsletters.
- Knowledge base articles at (padlet.help).
- Sample padlets for user onboarding and education.
- You can simplify complicated concepts into simple words.
- At some point in your life, someone has told you: “I love reading your work.”
- You can effortlessly infuse humor into your work.
- You can do basic video and image editing.
- Every child in the world will grow up with Mickey Mouse and Padlet. That’s our vision. We are making the default way of collecting and sharing thoughts on the Internet.
- People love the product.
- We have over 50 million active users making Padlet one of the most used apps on the planet. Our goal is to be THE the most used app on the planet.
- We are venture backed AND profitable. We are built to last one hundred years.
- We are 35 people (plus a baby crane that we’ve adopted but it doesn’t really do much). That’s 2 million active users per employee. Some badass people work here.
Joys of writing at Padlet
- We love good writing and value it on par with good engineering. You will feel valued here.
- We like simple, fun language, instead of corporate-y, market-y BS. Writing here is not soul crushing.
- We don’t have a lot of meetings. We value keeping you in flow.
- All art needs an audience. Your work will be read by millions.
- The office is designed to provide you the perfect workspace to do your best work. (E.g. we have a library room.)
Sorrows of writing at Padlet
- Things are a bit chaotic. You have to juggle multiple projects. Things come up last minute. Priorities change in the middle of a project.
- Since the app is translated in about 50 languages, you cannot always use the words you want.
Some people you’d be working with
- Collin Palmer: exclusively listens to movie soundtracks when working, especially the Darth Vader theme. One man product machine from speccing to shipping.
- Julia Carnes: shamed everyone into playing Wordle in hard mode, reducing our quality of life. Manages the Member Services team when not playing board games.
- Our office is in the middle of Presidio, a beautiful national park. We’re 5 minutes from the beach, a walk we take often. The WiFi works outdoors. You can work sitting in a lawn overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The office itself is designed to be a space for all your interests and hobbies. We have a meditation room, game room, library, podcasting studio, art studio, kids room, and full makerspace with 3d printers, presses, laser cutters, sewing machines, and more.
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- One Medical and Cue memberships for you and your family.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Commuter benefits.
- Good stock options.
- Catered lunches and dinners.
- 20 vacation days. Plus sickness and bereavement days for when life happens.
- All the gadgetry you need, including a new phone every year.
Special time to join
Because we’re small, there’s a lot of energy. And because we have tremendous traction, your first words touches tens of millions of people. This combination is rare and quite satisfying.