17 December 2021
The Nim Group
The Nim group is overjoyed to sigh model 1.6.2, our first patch release for
Model 1.6.2 is a end result of two month of laborious work, and it contains
fixing higher than 15 reported issues and bringing some popular enhancements over 1.6.0.
We might perhaps counsel to all of our users to enhance and use model 1.6.2.
Take a look at out if the package supervisor of your OS already ships model 1.6.2 or
install it as described here.
Must that you can perhaps also honest have got installed a outdated model of Nim the utilization of
getting Nim 1.6.2 is as easy as:
$ choosenim replace stable
Alternatively, that you might get Nim 1.6.2 from
our nightlies builds.
We might perhaps decide to support you to donate to Nim.
The donated money will be old to extra enhance Nim by creating bounties
for the principle bugfixes and aspects.
That you just can perhaps donate by draw of:
- Originate Collective
Must that you can perhaps be a company, we also supply industrial encourage.
These reported issues have been mounted:
- Mounted “SYS_getrandom undeclared compiling nim 1.6.0 stdlib on linux kernel < 3.17 (along side RHEL7)” (#19052)
- Mounted “Compiler terminated with IndexDefect if
--gc:orcgiven, when proc return a world variable with
- Mounted “Errors initializing an object of RootObj with the C++ backend”
- Mounted “Stack traces broken with arc/orc”
- Mounted “isolate fortunately compiles despite no longer being in a situation to repeat the absence of captured refs”
- Mounted “PragmaExpr erroneously added to enum form”
- Mounted “RVO no longer applied to object with gigantic array”
- Mounted “Assemble error from backend gcc when generic int form is defined”
- Mounted “Varargs broken in 1.6.0 when len is 0 and preceding block arguments.”
- Mounted “VM replaces declared form with alias”
- Mounted “regression: effectless inner template declared as facet operate”
- Mounted “variables in closure iterators loop are no longer properly unassigned”
- Mounted “Unexported converters propagate thru imports and affect code”
- Mounted “[arc] of operation segfaults for a ptr object containing traced reference”
- Mounted “Static linking with a .lib file no longer working”
This release also contains these enhancements:
- Allow converting static vars to openArray
- Create no longer rupture interpolation for discipline init message string
- fixes one other operate inference trojan horse
- repair nimindexterm in rst2tex/doc2tex
- Seize away tlsEmulation enabled from Windows + GCC config
- fixes .raises inference for newSeq builtin underneath –gc:orc
- Repair undeclared
- Merge file size fields properly on Windows
- repair marshal bugs in VM
HSlicebounded by constants of distinct styles
- let Nim encourage Nimble 0.14 with lock-file encourage
- nimRawSetjmp: encourage Windows
- Don’t learn in uri.hostname
- json: limit recursion depth
Join the pack! Join 8000+ others registered users, and get chat, originate groups, post updates and originate company across the arena!