NetBeez is looking for an experienced React.js engineer with at least 2 years of experience in the field, to help us transform our network engineer’s dashboard into a state of the art visualization platform. You will be part of our engineering team which hosts people from various backgrounds and skill sets. You’ll be helping us transition our dashboard’s legacy components into new refactored React.js components backed by Redux data models.
The position is remote (US only) and is for a contract to hire. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, so the interview process will be simple and will be based on your current experience and skills as shown through your portfolio and code samples.
What will you be doing
- Using the latest technologies to transform our UI into a better user experience by writing new web components and improving user interactions (namely React.js in Typescript).
- Implementing integrations between the UI and API.
- Finding ways we can further streamline our development process.
- Finding ways to make the code more accessible, scalable, robust, resilient and secure.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills & Requirements
This position is all about building up features requested by our customers, improving our development process and working together. You’ll work with our CTO (technical co-founder) and Senior Engineers to make our product even more robust, make software delivery streamlined and up to standards. The following is to give you an idea of who we want to work with:
- Someone with a degree in Computer Science or related field (B.S. or M.S.), although if you don’t have one and you think that you have the necessary algorithms, data structures, and software engineering skills then you shouldn’t exclude yourself.
- Someone with experience in developing, testing and deploying production grade software, that knows how to do constructive code reviews and knows how to build automated testing and software bundling.
- Someone who always thinks in billions and trillions instead of hundreds.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with:
- Writing CSS and using CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
- Writing HTML5.
- Implementing and using Webpack.
- Using testing frameworks such as Mocha and Jasmine.
- RESTFul APIs and consuming them.
- Experience with the following is considered a plus:
- Linux and Bash.
- Deploying in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Using and implementing d3.js.
- We will consider candidates with a combination of these skills, but the ability to understand system design is crucial.
At NetBeez we are building the next generation of network monitoring tools that enable organizations to reduce IT downtime. Our dedicated sensors, called Beez, simulate end-users and proactively identify issues in the most complex and large enterprise networks. We serve well-known customers like University of Rhode Island, Marlette Funding, and Fortune 500 companies. NetBeez is now a full remote-first team that is welcoming, collaborative, and always willing to learn. NetBeez has received institutional investments from Partech Ventures, Y Combinator, Innovation Works and CMU.
What have we worked on recently
- Released Beez agents for Windows and Mac OS laptops for Remote Workers.
- Implemented Path Analysis which visualizes all the network paths taken by a requesting node to its destination address.
- Improved the scalability of our solution by modularizing and containerizing all of the system’s processes, as we prepare for a fully cloud compatible architecture.
- Continuous improvement of our CI/CD pipelines.
You’ll become a member of a fully-remote, agile and diverse team of engineers and designers. You’ll be working directly with the co-founders of the company and your input will help us steer the product development in the right direction.
We use a few communication tools you may find interesting to have everyone on the same page, like Slack, Basecamp, Gitlab and Google Apps.
Benefits and Perks (once hired full-time)
- Full Medical Insurance (including partial dental and vision).
- Competitive PTO package.
- 401K program.
- Stock options.
- Monthly remote social events.