My self-hosting infrastructure, fully automated
This project utilizes Infrastructure as Code to automate provisioning, operating, and updating self-hosted services in my homelab.
It can be used as a highly customizable framework to build your own homelab.
Feel free to join me on my Matrix chat server at chat.khuedoan.com,
#homelab:matrix.khuedoan.com if you already have a Matrix client.
Please note that the chat server is self-hosted on my homelab and still at the experimental stage.
This section provides a high level overview of the project.
For further information, please see the documentation.
- 4 × NEC SFF
PC-MK26ECZDR(Japanese version of the ThinkCentre M700):
Intel Core i5-6600T @ 2.70GHz
Project status: Alpha (see roadmap below)
- Common applications: Gitea, Seafile, Jellyfin, Paperless…
- Automated bare metal provisioning with PXE boot
- Automated Kubernetes installation and management
- Installing and managing applications using GitOps
- Modular architecture, easy to add or remove features/components
- Automated certificate management
- Automatically update DNS records for exposed services
- Expose services to the internet securely with Cloudflare Tunnel
- CI/CD platform
- Private container registry
- Distributed storage
- Monitoring and alerting
- Support multiple environments (dev, stag, prod)
- Automated offsite backups
- Single sign-on
Screenshots of some user-facing applications are shown here, I will update them before each release.
They can’t capture all of the project’s features, but they are sufficient to get a concept of it.
|Homepage with Ingress discovery powered by Hajimari|
|Git server powered by Gitea|
|Continuous integration with Tekton|
|Continuous deployment with ArgoCD|
|Monitoring dashboard powered by Grafana|
|Cluster management using Lens (or you can just use
|Secret management with Vault|
- Try it out on a VM without any hardware
- Deploy on real hardware for real workload
See roadmap and open issues for a list of proposed features and known issues.
Any contributions you make, either big or small, are greatly appreciated.
Copyright (c) 2020, 2021, 2022 Khue Doan
Distributed under the GPLv3 License.
This project is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This project is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this project (
If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses.
- ArgoCD usage in my coworker’s homelab
- README template
- Run the same Cloudflare Tunnel across many
- MAC address environment variable in GRUB config
- Official k3s systemd service file
- Official Cloudflare Tunnel examples
- Initialize GitOps repository on Gitea and integrate with Tekton by RedHat
Stargazers over time