We started Bloom Institute of Technology because we believe that the “traditional” model of higher education is broken. Every year, people as young as 17 years old take on tens of thousands of dollars in student debt and pray that the education they’re investing in will land them on a job on the other side.
Unfortunately, traditional colleges and universities have no incentive to ensure their graduates get hired – they get paid regardless.
At BloomTech, we believe there is a better way to approach education.
Instead of asking our students to bet on us, we bet on them first. This paradigm-shifting model allows us to align the incentives of the school with the incentives of our students – and we all win when our graduates succeed.
We’re in this together.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. BloomTech welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We’re looking for a Senior Salesforce Engineer to help lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com environment. The ideal candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. This person will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, configure, deploy, and maintain business processes. They will also be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Salesforce Engineer to support a complex and dynamic implementation within a fun, fast-paced, and growing organization. If you love to build solutions on Salesforce, we should talk!
What You Will Do:
- Work with a small Salesforce team and broader engineering team to design and implement solutions across departments, including Admissions, Marketing, Student Success, School Operations, Outcomes, Repayment, Alumni Programs, etc.
- Advocate for Salesforce within the organization and how to leverage Salesforce to creatively solve complex problems and improve student and staff experience
- Build solutions using Apex, Lightning Web Component, custom integrations, Flows, and Salesforce CLI
- Strongly encourage low code solutions via robust and lean code
- Help design scalable solutions, and build out enhancements and new functionality on the Salesforce platform, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Experience Cloud
- Work with stakeholders to define and document development requirements and design/implement scalable solutions
- Work with leadership to track, prioritize, and resolve any system bugs
- Assist in training of new users and growing the Salesforce.com skillset across the organization
- Provide support related to third-party integrated apps and workflows as needed
What You Will Need:
- Salesforce Platform Developer I or Platform Developer II certification
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Strong data management abilities
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of advanced complexity
- Experience building flows and process builders, and leveraging declarative automation features
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, student-centric organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and effectively balance user-requested functionality with long-term platform stability and scalability
- Administration certificate is a strong plus
- Experience with Salesforce Experience Cloud (formerly known as Community Cloud) is a strong plus
- Marketing Cloud experience or familiarity with other marketing automation platforms (Pardot, Marketo, etc.) is a plus
BloomTech is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BloomTech is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.