$50k – $200k / 0.50% – 5.00%
Featured Content Adsadd advertising here
Singapore / Remote / Remote
Connect directly with founders of the best YC-funded startups.
About the role
Work with developers, actual users, and business stakeholders to design experiences that redefine what managing a restaurant should feel like.
- Make UX and design a key differentiator for Atlas with seamless and intuitive end-user experiences.
- Maintain and enforce a user-centred product development process to ensure our features are easy to use and deliver tangible value to the end-user.
- Optimise our merchant and diner interface across all devices and form factors.
- Experience with Figma as a design and prototyping tool.
- Ability to communicate technical specifications and functionalities alongside your design output.
- Understands how to perform simple and clear UX copywriting.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to deeply understand user problems and work on iterative design improvements based on data.
- Bonus: comfortable working with HTML and CSS.
- Focus on delighting customers. Be maniac about customer experience. Does the CEO pay the bill? People Ops (HR)? No! The customers pay the bill. An excellent way to achieve this is to understand the problems our customers are facing intimately, treat them the way we would like to be treated, and make products we will actually use ourselves.
- Have abnormally high standards. Hold yourself and everyone to the highest standards. Care about every single detail. Every detail matters when you want to achieve greatness. Good standards are contagious. (Unfortunately, bad standards are too).
- Be extremely reliable. Always do what you say you will do. This is the best way to build up trust quickly. Be on time and present. Don’t give bullshit excuses. Don’t make the same mistake twice.
- Disagree and commit. Have conviction and fight for what you believe in. Respectfully challenge decisions. Do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision has been made, commit wholly to make it work.
- Make others successful. Put others ahead of yourself. We will get a lot more done if we don’t care who gets the credit. Genuinely want success for others and go out of your way to help them achieve it. Don’t wait for someone to ask for help or recognition. Giving is often better than receiving!
- Be constantly in touch with usability/customer pain points and develop solutions for them.
- Produce well-documented designs along with the necessary assets to be handed over to engineers for implementation.
- Conduct as well as participate in the end-user testing and QA process for Atlas feature rollouts.
- Ensure all Atlas touchpoints adhere to a common design and brand language.
What’s in it for you
Join us and be part of the founding team that helps shape:
- Our company culture/principles
- Product strategy
- Engineering practices
You should include these in your application (Read more about working with us here: https://atlaskitchen.notion.site/Atlas-is-hiring-10X-people-be57413d013f441fa02a6afc856ea04b)
- CV or LinkedIn profile.
- Tell us about a time where you had to work on a task that seemed to be extremely challenging, and how you overcame it?
- What are your favourite projects? What motivates you? What is something you believe that nearly no one agrees with you on?
Why you should join Atlas
Atlas is building the operating system for restaurants. Atlas is the easiest way to start, run and grow any restaurant online and offline. We are the team that previously built Grain, a venture-backed online restaurant, to millions in revenue. Team and investors are from Grain, Accenture, Microsoft, Udacity, McKinsey, Salesforce, Y Combinator and others. https://atlas.kitchen
Yi Sung (Sung) Yong